Salmon surveyed senior professionals responsible for enterprise-level ecommerce implementation across B2C and B2B companies throughout Northern Europe to identify:
- What drove them to choose one particular ecommerce platform over another
- The most important factors in selecting ecommerce solutions
- The new range of challenges they faced
- Which ecommerce technology to invest in to drive sales and improve customer experience
- What to look for in selecting the best ecommerce partner.
Some of the key findings:
- 74% plan to switch ecommerce platforms in 12-18 months
- 29% do not have the technology in place to cope with emerging trends
- 61% are currently investing in IOT (Internet of Things) enablement
- 69% plan to invest in robots in the next 5 years
- 60% plan to invest in machine learning in the next 5 years.