November is the new Noel! UK shoppers to spend £20bn online...
Salmon has developed an uncanny knack for savvy predictions - we were bang on the money for Black Friday in 2015 and 2016. And this year we're projecting that online sales during November will surpass December, with UK shoppers spending £20bn online in November and £7bn spent over the seven days of Black Friday week. Are your operations ready to seize the opportunity?
Top tips for Black Friday
1. Get optimised for mobile. People are now choosing to shop via mobile over desktop. 2016 was the tipping point!
2. It's no longer a one day phenomenon - it's a spread. Be prepared for a rise in volume across November.
3. The Brexit impact. With sterling down, look out for a rise in international orders.
4. Test everything from back-end including fulfilment systems and services, to the front end with payment transaction and search fluidity.
5. Look at your data. Implement an operations dashboard to proactively respond to issues before they escalate.